Even the best product won’t sell if people don’t know about it. And if you have an online product, it is very important that you get people to your sales page or eCommerce website. Read on for some tips on how to generate high-quality traffic to your site and get your product in front the right people.
1. Be a guest blogger. Write a guest post for a blog or community related to your niche. Most website owners will let you write content for their blog in exchange for a link back to your website. Back links from several websites will increase your authority and ranking on search engines.
2. Provide answers to questions. Another great way you can let people know about your site is by answering questions on top Answer sites like Answers.Yahoo.com, JustAnswer.com and AllExperts.com. If you see a questions related to your niche, you can answer the question and leave a link to your site when appropriate.
3. Join high-traffic websites. You can apply as a blogger to sites like Business2Community.com or as an expert at About.com. You can leave a link to your site on your profile page or the articles you contribute whenever appropriate.
4. Submit your blog posts to social bookmarking sites like Digg.com and Bizsugar.com. Articles such as “10 Linkbuilding Tactics to Drive Traffic to Your Site” and “8 Practical Tips to Avoid Startup Failure” are best for these sites as they are informative and easily digestible at the same time.
5. Submit marketing materials on different social networking platforms. Check out the list of social networking sites here and look for general platforms or those that are specific to your niche. Don’t do a shotgun approach by submitting to every platform as you’ll waste your resources for low-qualified traffic.
6. Write and distribute press releases. If you have an event or just signed a new partner, you can write a press release about it and distribute it on press release sites.
7. Submit your site to reputable directories. Submitting your website to online directories like DMOZ.org can help boost your traffic and improve your search engine rankings.
8. Write or edit Wikipedia pages. Even if you can’t have a page dedicated to your website or business, you can still edit other Wikipedia pages related to your niche and add your website link to the resource section of the page when appropriate.
9. Join and participate in forums. You can join forums related to your niche and leave a link in your profile or your signature. Make sure that you add value to the forum by answering forum questions or providing information to the community. If you’re just there to leave links, your profile will be deleted in no time.
10. Have a fun contest. Ask your audience to post a wacky picture of themselves using your product on their blogs. Whoever gets the most unique and most voted picture wins. Don’t forget to require them to include your website link on their blogs.
Hi! I'm Michelle Christie your online marketing coach, helping busy and overwhelmed business women maximize and monetize their business through proper planning and brand positioning to create profits.
FREE SOCIAL MEDIA CHECKLIST
CONNECT ON FACEBOOK!