While Google is a wonderful search engine, sometimes conducting research by simply typing in keywords can take longer than any overworked professional woman has time for. When you need to locate specific information quickly and efficiently, the best way to get the job done is to use a specialized website or search engine.
Whether you’re a new business owner looking for facts, researching a project for your boss, or interested in becoming an entrepreneur, these sites are excellent tools for any woman involved in the business world.
In no particular order, here is a list of 10 excellent resources to help streamline your research process.
1. Current Index to Statistics: Need to clarify a statistic for a project? This search engine has the latest statistics available, all in one place.
2. BPubs: This search engine allows you to find business publications on various topics, from finance to marketing to human resources.
3. Virtual Library of Labour History: A British site, but it has information on the history of the working world of multiple countries; you can also search based on topic.
4. InSpec: This site has more than 11 million bibliographic abstracts related to technology and science.
5. Inomics: This site was designed for economists; you can search for job openings, programs, courses, conferences, and more.
6. EDGAR: This is SEC’s filing system for company reports; there is access to full-text searching for the past four years.
7. Hoover’s Corporate Information: It has the same idea as EDGAR, with a cleaner design and layout; also has a neat “family tree” tool that allows you to map corporate relationships.
8. DailyStocks: This site allows you to search for specific stocks, follow them, and then monitor their fluctuations in the market.
9. arXiv: An extremely comprehensive archival database, arXiv contains articles pertaining to computer science, finance, mat, and more.
10. RePEc: The Research Papers in Economics site is just what its name describes; here you’ll find articles and resources on anything pertaining to economics.
Do you have any other websites or search engines that you use when researching? Let us know by posting in the comments sections below!
Welcome to my blog. As an online visibility coach, I help my clients get results through proper planning and positioning of their businesses online to generate visibility, attract clients and profits.
To schedule a complimentary session, click here: 30-minute Session.
FREE SOCIAL MEDIA CHECKLIST
CONNECT ON FACEBOOK!