Social media marketing still confuses many. Some business owners are still clueless as to why they are not getting the results they projected to get, even with enough resources allocated for their social media campaigns.
If you’re as confused as they are, you have to take a look at these 5 social media mistakes you may be guilty of committing:
1. Waiting too long to respond on comments and queries or not responding at all. You just don’t post something to create a conversation; you have to be a part of that conversation.
Remember the famous quote “Justice delayed is justice denied”? Well, that goes the same with your comments and replies. You need to address queries and reply to comments as soon as possible, otherwise you lose a huge chance to engage your audience in a longer, and possibly, interesting conversation.
2. Your posts are too one-sided and boring. Stop being too self-promoting. Nobody wants to be associated with someone full of self-promotional hype.
The entire purpose of establishing your presence on social media is to interact with your audience, and you can’t do that if all you care about is posting links to products and services.
3. You’re discouraged with the early results of your social media activities that you decided just abandon your profiles. Or maybe you’re just too busy with other accounts you decided you have no time for more. Or maybe you were too confused when you set up your profile.
So that you get what I mean, take a look at this: @TimeWarnerCares created this for customer support, I guess. But then for whatever reasons, they abandoned it and created a new one @TWCableHelp . Again, they abandoned the second profile and finally settled with @TWC_Help .
4. Neglecting to address comments from one unsatisfied customer. With social media, the ripple effect is huge. You’re better off addressing negative feedbacks and comments than ignoring them.
5. You failed to moderate your social media accounts. Because of the extensive audience reach social media can provide, some started to abuse it. Spammers using dummy accounts are everywhere.
Moderate your social media profiles – delete the spam comments, address the negative feedbacks, and provide corrections for users providing incorrect information about your brand or business.
Over to you..
Do you have a social media marketing campaign in place? Did you check whether you are committing the 5 mistakes stated above? If so, how do you plan to address them? Please share your opinions and comments below.
Hi! I'm Michelle Christie your online visibility coach, helping business women maximize and monetize their business through strategic planning and brand positioning to create profits.
FREE SOCIAL MEDIA CHECKLIST
CONNECT ON FACEBOOK!