You’ve just finished writing a well-researched blog post and are about to hit publish for all your followers to see..
Hold on a minute.
Before you have it published, you need to make sure that you’re maximizing your blogging efforts. A successful blog post is not just about quality content, although it’s the biggest factor, but also about making sure that the 5 blogging processes below are not neglected:
1. Having a marketing strategy in place. How do you plan to let the world know that you have just published a new post? Do not assume that people and Google will just find your content, because they will not. You have to distribute it. You can share it on your social media accounts or other content sharing platforms. Point is, you have to get your content OUT, not just posted on your blog.
2. Adding images or any form of media on your post. To increase the ‘shareability’ factor of your post, you have to add images, videos or infographics to it. Blog posts with a lot of images are more appealing to readers than just the regular text-based posts. Make sure that photos and images on your posts are optimized.
3. Making your post social media friendly. As mentioned above, to make sure that more people can see your blog, it needs to be shared on social media. Make it even more shareable by integrating social media share buttons on every post. There’s another advantage to distributing your content on social media – it strengthen your social media proof which can improve your search engine ranking.
4. Doing internal linking. Another way to improve your search engine ranking is by cross-linking your website pages. That means that you must link a blog post to other blog posts or other relevant pages on your site whenever there is an opportunity.
5. Making sure your blog post can be repurposed into other formats. This blog post on How to Recycle Blog Posts into Cross-platform Content Marketing Materials provide tips on how you can maximize your blog post by repurposing it to different content materials that can be shared across different online content marketing platforms.
Over to you..
Are you doing any of the above to maximize the exposure of your blog posts? Do you have any more tips to add? Please share your thoughts and comments below, we’d love to hear them.
Welcome to my blog.
As an online visibility coach, I help my clients get results through proper planning and positioning of their businesses online to generate visibility, attract clients and profits.
To schedule a complimentary session to discuss how I can help you grow your business online, click here:
Get Clients From Twitter - A Framework for Success: The Ultimate Twitter Planner
FREE SOCIAL MEDIA CHECKLIST
CONNECT ON FACEBOOK!