If feel like you're always overworked, overwhelmed and overloaded, you’re on your way to burning yourself out. And burnout is something every entrepreneur should avoid. Following are tips on how to help you always feel productive without feeling burnt out.
1. Rest every once in a while. What do you do when you have nothing more to do? You rest. Some entrepreneurs I know feel anxious when they have some free time on their hands. They feel that they must be doing something so they pace the floor, rack their brains out and tinker with whatever they get their hands on.
Avoid the ‘superwoman complex’ – wanting to do everything, every time, on your own. You are most effective and more productive when you’re well-rested, sometimes it is alright to just breathe.
2. Streamline your daily routine by getting rid of things that distract you. I don’t know about you but I don’t watch TV when I’m working. Why? Because it destroys my productivity. So does social media. And by social media I mean tweeting and status updating things that are NOT really work-related. Browsing newsfeeds to see what your friends are up to should be off limits until after work hours.
3. Use hard stops and deadlines. Do you know why everyone in the business world put deadlines on almost everything? Because deadlines and hard stops force disciplines. Use them.
Say, if you’re scheduled to do paperwork today, make sure that you tell yourself to put a hard stop on it by 3pm. So by 3pm you should stop doing the paperwork, no matter what, so that you can work on something else.
4. Prioritize your health. Health will not cost you your job or business. But sickness will. If you are sick, you’ll never be productive and you’ll never be able to run your business well.
So don’t skip meals just because you’ve got a lot of paperwork to do. Again, learn to put a hard stop on things. Also, don’t forget to take breaks and have some healthy snacks.
5. Do more by prioritizing. Create your to-do list and prioritize items on them according to importance. List A should include time-critical tasks, list B should include important but not-so urgent tasks, and list C, everything else.
Do not try to do everything at once. Cross off the tasks on list A first before you start working on list B. And don’t pick a task on list C until everything on B has been worked on.
6. Get in and start early. A quiet empty work environment means less distractions. So get to work early before everyone gets in or gets up, if you work out of a home office. Coworkers or team-members are one of the major distractions and can really put a damper on your daily routine and, ultimately, your daily productivity. So getting a head start while the room is still not too crowded will help a lot.
Try any of these 6 tips and come back to share how your productivity has increased by implementing either one or all six of these tips in our comments section below.
Welcome to my blog.
As an online visibility coach, I help my clients get results through proper planning and positioning of their businesses online to generate visibility, attract clients and profits.
To schedule a complimentary session to discuss how I can help you grow your business online, click here:
Get Clients From Twitter - A Framework for Success: The Ultimate Twitter Planner
FREE SOCIAL MEDIA CHECKLIST
CONNECT ON FACEBOOK!