Pinterest is one of the hottest, traffic-boosting social media tools right now. If you haven’t used it to market and gain wider brand exposure for your business, you are missing out on a lot of great opportunities out there. Besides, it’s very easy and fun to use.
With Pinterest, you can build a stronger brand presence online and connect with your customers using appealing visual images like infographics, tweetables and other online collages.
Below are 7 smart ways to integrate Pinterest into your content marketing and daily social media activities.
1. Set up a Pinterest account. For maximum exposure, make sure to feature the name of your business on the profile. It would be best to use the name of your company as your username. Add a short and sweet paragraph about your business in the “About” section.
2. Put the URL of your website in the profile. This is very important for your audience to immediately know where to find you and know more about your business. It also helps your SEO efforts.
Also, connect your other social media accounts like Facebook and Twitter to your Pinterest. This will help you gain more followers.
3. Start pinning. Pin lots of stuff. Create your unique images with inspiring messages. Pin steadily to maximize engagement and wider exposure. Come up with interesting and enticing board names. If people like them, your pins will get shared and you gain more followers. Keep your board names short and creative.
4. Promote your upcoming events. If you’re hosting an event or webinar, create a separate board just for promoting your events and introduce it to your audience. Use a well-designed image that contains the essential information such:
You can also tag other Pinterest users when you comment or pin an image that relates to their organization. Use the “@username” tags in your description.
6. Check for new trends on Pinterest. Be sure to check what’s trending on Pinterest by clicking on the Popular section. You will find new pinners that you may like to follow. Most importantly, you will find new trends that you may want to incorporate into your content strategy.
7. Create beautiful images. You have to keep in mind that Pinterest is very successful because of beautiful images. The more interesting and prettier your pictures, the more pins and followers you will get.
Hi! I'm Michelle Christie your online marketing coach, helping busy and overwhelmed business women maximize and monetize their business through proper planning and brand positioning to create profits.
FREE SOCIAL MEDIA CHECKLIST
CONNECT ON FACEBOOK!