StumbleUpon is a great bookmarking site that can help drive more traffic to your site, but to be able to get positive results you should know the top 7 stumbling do’s and don’ts outlined below:
1. Do spend time creating a strong profile and presence. Create a profile account that strongly represents your brand, never forgetting to put a personal/human feel to it.
2. Don’t stumble your own content alone. StumbleUpon is driven by a community of Stumblers who love sharing interesting and valuable contents online. Stumbling your content all of the time won’t add value to the community.
3. Do use catchy headlines and descriptions. Every time you stumble something always take the time to write a great headline and description. This will catch the attention of Stumblers and your stumbled content will have higher changes of getting clicked through.
4. Don’t use multiple accounts. Don’t try to game the StumbleUpon community creating multiple accounts that does nothing but stumble your own content. If you get caught doing this, your account(s) may be temporarily or permanently banned.
5. Do make friends. You’ve joined an online community so take some time to get to know people in your niche or those with the same interests as yours. The more you network and connect with people, the stronger your StumbleUpon presence will become.
6. Don’t stumble or discover more than two posts a day from your own blog. Again, if you post more than two personal links a day, you may be seen as being too self-promotional by the StumbleUpon community.
7. Do be picky about the things you want to stumble. Avoid stumbling sales pages. The best pages to share and stumble are the ones with funny, interesting contents or a graphic-rich page.
For StumbleUpon to give your website a traffic boost, you must plan and strategize your approach on this platform just like you would do on any other social networking site. Hope the 7 tips above can help you with giving your website that traffic boost.
Do you have any StumbleUpon do's or don'ts you want to add? Please share them by commenting below.
Welcome to my blog.
As an online visibility coach, I help my clients get results through proper planning and positioning of their businesses online to generate visibility, attract clients and profits.
To schedule a complimentary session to discuss how I can help you grow your business online, click here:
Get Clients From Twitter - A Framework for Success: The Ultimate Twitter Planner
FREE SOCIAL MEDIA CHECKLIST
CONNECT ON FACEBOOK!