Blogging takes a lot of constant work – research, writing and relationship building. Every blog post is an opportunity to strengthen you relationship with your existing audience, prove your credibility and authority to new readers, and market anything you want to sell.
Here are 8 proven blogging tips that can turn your blog into one of your most powerful and highly-converting marketing tool:
1. Get ideas from your audience. Running out of blog ideas to write? Comb through your comments section both on Facebook and your blog. If someone commented something like “Great list! I hope next time you discuss about useful blogging apps!”
So, there you know what your next post is going to be all about!
2. Understand your audience. Understanding your audience better will give you an idea what type content they’ll most likely relate to.
One way to approach this is by testing your blog post ideas on Twitter or Facebook first. Post a quote or a phrase that revolves around the topic and observe how well people respond to it.
3. Build your email list from day one. An email list is a great way to promote new content or announce anything about your business without having to worry about search engine rankings or the ever changing social media algorithms.
It is important that you keep on testing the call to actions you are using on your opt-in box to get optimal results. The words you use should be able to clearly tell readers what they’re signing up for.
A simple change from “Subscribe by email” to “Get jobs by email” can mean a huge difference on your sign up percentage.
4. Love your existing readers. A lot of bloggers are obsessed on attracting new readers to the point that they ignore their returning readers. Yes, it is important that you expand you readership, but make sure you spend time each day showing your existing readers that you appreciate and value them. Responding to their comments and promptly answering their questions are just some of the ways you can show your appreciation.
5. Give freebies. Give away stuff that you know your follower will find useful and helpful. We have discussed the benefits of giving freebies here.
6. Be consistent. It is much easier to lose your readership than it is to build it up. Make sure you give your readers what they want – a consistent flow of helpful and informative articles.
7. Share your knowledge. Many bloggers don’t share too much out of fear of giving away their ‘secret sauce”. If you want to be the go-to resource in your niche, you need to showcase what you know.
Also, you can use the knowledge you share to promote/market something. Say, you’re giving away a downloadable PDF about data on social media, you can put in a link to your sales page or insert an image of your book somewhere in the PDF.
8. Give it time. Blogging takes patience. The web is cluttered with too much information sometimes it takes some time before readers can decide which blog gives more valuable quality posts consistently.
If you’re looking for quick ROI, then blogging is not for you. But if you are willing to invest more time writing quality blog posts, and constantly improve on your writing strategies, then you’ll eventually succeed.
Over to you..
Any blogging tips you want to share to the MACsWomen community? Please don’t hesitate to share them below.
Welcome to my blog. As an online visibility coach, I help my clients get results through proper planning and positioning of their businesses online to generate visibility, attract clients and profits.
To schedule a complimentary session, click here: 30-minute Session.
FREE SOCIAL MEDIA CHECKLIST
CONNECT ON FACEBOOK!