Facebook marketing can help you reach a big chunk of your target audience, but only if you’re doing things right. Following are tips on how you can tweak your FB posts so that they can be effective tools in spreading brand awareness and increasing your customer base:
1. Use images to tell a story. Always add an image, chart, graph or a video whenever applicable. Of course, the image that you choose must be colorful, engaging and totally relevant to your post.
Sourcing great images may take some time, but every minute spent will be worth it if you’re able to catch the attention of your audience. It’s even better if you can create the images yourself then put your brand name or website URL on it.
2. Be relatable. You don’t have to make your posts exclusively about your niche. You live in the real world, and in a real world your target audience has more than just one interest. Post some stories about what’s going on with the world – breaking news, a bit of trivia, current events like the Olympics in Rio De Janeiro 2016. You can also share, every now and then, entertainment news like the upcoming 4th Season of Games of Thrones if you know that some of your audience can relate to it.
3. Don’t give away too much. If you want the article you’re sharing on Facebook to have more clicks-throughs, the key is to craft an interesting and short description about your post without revealing the main gist of story. Another is to create an image that would complement your teaser of a description.
4. Humanize your Facebook posts. Well, this doesn’t mean that you should be adding selfies on your business page (although you can if you think you can get away with it). What this means is that you engage with your audience and converse with them like you would if they were real people commenting on something they’ve heard you saying.
Another effective way is to use Facebook to ask your audience’s opinion. A survey-like post is very effective especially if what you’re asking is very timely, like: “Do you think Russia will bag more gold than the US?” or “Hosting the Olympic Game is pretty expensive, not to mention stressful. Imagine the entire world having a camera on stand-by waiting to dissect your every move. Do you think the cost & hassle of hosting the Olympics is worth it?”
5. Learn to adjust. The Facebook team is continually upgrading the Facebook algorithm. Unless they stop doing their tweaks, there’s really no way to predict that ONE strategy that will work in terms of audience reach. In fact, the new algorithm of Facebook is giving posts from brand pages lower priority, which translates into decreased audience reach.
However, this should not discourage you from utilizing Facebook; you just need to learn to adjust. Format your posts in a real catchy way, pick the peak times when sharing them and always make sure you have optimized copies and images.
Over to you..
If you have any more Facebook tips to share, please comment below.
Welcome to my blog.
As an online visibility coach, I help my clients get results through proper planning and positioning of their businesses online to generate visibility, attract clients and profits.
To schedule a complimentary session to discuss how I can help you grow your business online, click here:
Get Clients From Twitter - A Framework for Success: The Ultimate Twitter Planner
FREE SOCIAL MEDIA CHECKLIST
CONNECT ON FACEBOOK!