Being happy at what you do or at work is an essential key to making it big in business. Work-related happiness is more than just having a profitable business, a good paycheck or fun workmates. While you are not required to always be smiling, feeling happy can positively impact your productivity and help lift your business.
Here are some simple tips you can try to help you manage stress and boost your happiness meter:
1. Start your day with a personal resolve. “Today I will be getting in touch my customers to say thank you.” Say this out loud to your self and place your attention on it.
Making your daily resolve a habit can help you become more aware of the different aspects of your work and personality that you haven’t noticed before.
2. Think of the goals you want to achieve whenever you feel too stressed to continue. During the bad and most stressful days, always ask yourself this: “What will be the outcome of this if I don’t get my focus back? What do I really want to achieve?”
Remember your goals and make an effort to steer yourself back to the right direction.
3. If thinking outside the box is not working, then take a close look at the box. If you’re feeling uncreative and uninspired and you just can’t think outside the box, then take a moment to reflect on what the box is made of. Understanding how you were able to have that “box” is the first step to thinking beyond it.
4. Become an entrepreneur you want to do business with. When meeting a client for the first time or discussing unreasonable demands of an existing client, how would you like to come across to them? Would you rather be perceived as gentle and amiable or would you prefer they see you as strict and unwavering?
Strive to become an entrepreneur you yourself would like to work with and more opportunities will come your way.
5. In situation of potential tension, be proactive. Sometimes you are too engrossed with something you become short-sighted. You fail to notice that you are becoming grumpy and stressed, thus affecting your productivity and the productivity of people working with you.
Acknowledging that you are starting to become tense or stressed to work effectively can help prevent melt downs.
6. When feeling uninspired, inspire others. When you feel discouraged, try helping someone instead. The distraction will take your mind off your work and give you a rest. Plus, you’ll end up feeling accomplished and happy. The more you help, the happier you become. And the happier you are, the more productive you become.
Hi! I'm Michelle Christie your online visibility coach, helping business women maximize and monetize their business through strategic planning and brand positioning to create profits.
FREE SOCIAL MEDIA CHECKLIST
CONNECT ON FACEBOOK!