In today’s post, we’ll tell you how you can train your VAs so that you are ensured that they are working efficiently and effectively.
But before we jump in to the training tips, there’s one important thing you need to remember: So that expectations are managed and met, be clear as to what tasks your VA should be handling. Of course, the tasks and scope of the tasks may change over time, but that’s something you and your VA should be discussing again in the future.
Now, here are the training tips to make your VA more productive and effective:
1. Invest time. If you want your VA to think and work like you do, then you have to bring him/her to that competency level.
If you can’t really train your virtual assistant yourself the entire time, you can utilize online training programs that can provide the necessary training modules for your VA.
2. Prepare audios and videos. Again, if you’re too busy to train your VA personally all the time, you can just create a training video or audio to improve the skills of your virtual assistants. Or you can give them links to free training audios and videos online.
3. Be clear with your task assignment. Once you think your VA is ready to start to work, provide him/her with a list of tasks. Be clear as to what the daily deliverables and weekly deliverables should be. Go over it at least twice with you VA to ensure that you’re both on the same both on the same page.
4. Give feedback. As the employer, it is your job to keep track of the progress of your VA, or lack thereof. If your virtual assistant is doing a great job, some words of appreciation will keep him/her motivated even more. On the other hand, when something is amiss, you have to point it out. A good VA will figure out something to rectify the error and make things right.
5. Stay connected. In a work-setting where you and your VA are physically thousands of miles apart, communication is as crucial as ever. Communication helps you to avoid misunderstandings and thus lead to a better work relationship.
Your days of wearing multiple hats simultaneously – business owner, internet marketer, content writer, etc – are over. With the help of well-trained virtual assistants, you can start delegating tasks so that you can focus on the core aspects of running your business.
Hi! I'm Michelle Christie your online marketing coach, helping busy and overwhelmed business women maximize and monetize their business through proper planning and brand positioning to create profits.
FREE SOCIAL MEDIA CHECKLIST
CONNECT ON FACEBOOK!