Content marketing is bigger than ever. By consistently creating valuable content through a variety of online channels, big companies were able to establish that they are the go-to brand in their respective industry and thus gain the trust of their consumers.
To be able to maximize the power of content marketing and establish a positive reputation for your business, you need to mine conversations online, identify “hot topics” in your industry, and create content based on these topics.
Following are 7 top ways on how to generate content marketing ideas that people will talk about:
1. Use Twitter’s Advanced Search function. The going popularity of this social networking platform has made it an invaluable content generation tool. If you want to monitor trends and hot topics, check on Twittter's Advanced Search first.
2. Make use of Google’s keyword suggestion tool. Do you see what happens when you enter a keyword on Google’s search box? It suggests related keyword phrases, right? This simple method can give content marketers valuable insights as to what people in your niche search for.
3. Soovle your keywords. This works like Google, you type in your keywords and Soovle will provide you with related keyword phrases. The difference is Soovle.com can provide you with keyword suggestions from 7 major websites – Google, Wikipedia, Amazon, YouTube, Bing, Yahoo, and Answers.com – all at the same site.
4. Be an active Forum member. The first thing you must do is identify the communities/forums for your niche. Then, establish your brand’s presence there by contributing and joining the conversations. You will be amazed of how much information and ideas you’ll get by being active on forums.
Forum members typically ask questions on how to solve a particular problem. This can be a great way to identify common problems in your industry or niche. You can then address the problem by writing a well-researched blog post on your site and then sharing the link on the forum.
5. Visit Q&A sites. Another way to identify questions and problems on your niche is by visiting Question and answers sites such as Answers.com, Yahoo Answers and Quora. You will find questions specific or related to your niche which you can then use as basis of your next blog post.
6. Other social media platforms. If you engage with your audience in social media, you’ll be able to get great ideas for new contents. Start a conversation with your audience and ask them the things they would like to learn more about your niche.
7. Read blogs. Check out bloggers in your niche, read their posts and find out topics that made the most buzz. Don’t copy their ideas and write a new blog post with a fresh take on the topic.
Over to you..
How about you? What do you do to make sure that you’re writing posts that your audience will find interesting and valuable? Where do you get your content ideas from?
Share your thoughts with the MACsWomen Community by commenting below.
Hi! I'm Michelle Christie your online visibility coach, helping business women maximize and monetize their business through strategic planning and brand positioning to create profits.
FREE SOCIAL MEDIA CHECKLIST
CONNECT ON FACEBOOK!