StumbleUpon is a social media site that can give you an insanely massive traffic boost. However, there’s a catch here: most of the traffic is not highly targeted, meaning, visitors don’t stay long on your site, which means that your bounce rate will shoot up, too!
So it’s basically a love-hate relationship. High traffic, high bounce rate. However, you’ll be one step behind your competitors if you don’t have a StumbleUpon account because leveraging even a small amount of the huge traffic it sends your site can have a positive effect on your business.
So here’s how you can make sure that you get high-quality traffic from StumbleUpon:
1. Stumble, stumble, and stumble some more. If you want to get your own content in front of your target audience, then you need to pay your dues first – become a part of the community. Stumble and vote on pages that are related to your content.
You won’t be able to maximize StumbleUpon if you don’t become a stumbler yourself. The more you use the service the more the StumbleUpon algorithm knows about your interests, and your stumbling and voting patterns. This well get the pages you stumbled and voted, and eventually including your own contents, in front of users interested in your niche.
2. Follow like-minded users. The StumbleUpon system notice your stumbling behavior and uses this categorize users. If you are blogger you may notice that you may not have a lot in common with other bloggers, but after some stumbling on your part you’ll start to be followed and discovered not just by blogger but by bloggers in your particular niche (e.g, travel blogger, food blogger, technical blogger, etc).
In other words, you start getting attention with targeted stumblers. Once you know who they are, start following them. The more you follow like-minded users, the more you’ll get discovered by other like-minded users.
3. Share other web pages. StumbleUpon is not a big fan of self-promoting users. ProBlogger was one of the many sites that were banned by StumbleUpon due to exclusively submitting their OWN contents only (although ProBlogger was allowed back in after a hug uproar from its loyal followers). You must share other interesting web pages and not just yours.
4. Create optimized and clean web pages. If you want the StumbleUpon community to get hooked on the contents you share, make sure that you’re creating visually appealing contents. The pages you submit must also be high-quality.
5. Try out the Paid Discovery. If you want to see quick results and you have the budget, try using StumbleUpon’s Paid Discovery. Unlike Facebook Ads, paid Discovery will send traffic directly to your site and not just display it on Newsfeeds hoping people will see them.
A good way to make sure that you’re maximizing your StumbleUpon campaign or any social media campaign is to do some testing and research. Find out what’s hot and working on that particular platform. It makes sense, because once you find out what people like, give them more of it. Simple as that.
Welcome to my blog. As an online visibility coach, I help my clients get results through proper planning and positioning of their businesses online to generate visibility, attract clients and profits.
To schedule a complimentary session, click here: 30-minute Session.
FREE SOCIAL MEDIA CHECKLIST
CONNECT ON FACEBOOK!