The internet thrives on information, making content the most crucial element of online marketing. Your blog, which is the content powerhouse of your business site, can be used to educate and inform visitors, build loyal readership, generate leads, and eventually convert those leads into sales.
Following are tips on how you can get the most out of your blog:
1. Write the right topics. If your business belongs to the food niche, don’t blog about unrelated topics. Your posts should be reflective of your knowledge and expertise, why you do what you do, or why your organization exists.
2. De-clutter your blog. Avoid adding too much elements on your blog. Instead of helping you engage readers, too many elements on a page will just distract them. Basically, the anatomy of your blog posts should only contain these three elements: an eye-catching image, the content itself, and an opt-in box at the end.
If you don’t want to add the opt-in box (because you already have it on the sidebar), make sure that you always end your post with a call to action.
3. Make your posts easy to share. Don’t you wonder why this post gets hundreds of retweets? First, because it’s a pretty good and relevant article and, second, because it has social sharing buttons conveniently located on the side of the post.
4. Write frequently. SEO-wise, blogging frequently allows your site to be crawled by search engine bots more frequently; you get Page Rank (PR) points for that. Also, if you keep on producing new content on a regular basis, you’ll start gaining regular readers. These people will see your blog as their go-to resource and will willingly share your posts or link to you.
5. Promote, promote, promote. At the end of the day, you will still have to promote your blog post. You can’t just let it sit there. Social media sharing is the easiest route to go. But one really smart way of promoting your blog content is by packaging several blog posts into a weekly newsletter.
What other tips would you suggest so that website owners and online marketers can get the most out of their blogs?
Hi! I'm Michelle Christie your online visibility coach, helping business women maximize and monetize their business through strategic planning and brand positioning to create profits.
FREE SOCIAL MEDIA CHECKLIST
CONNECT ON FACEBOOK!