The digital marketplace is becoming more competitive than ever. Online businesses are fighting to get the attention of their prospective customers. Millions of pitches – in the form of emails, tweets, posts, pins, videos, audios – are being sent out every minute. For an average consumer, most of these are just noises.
If you have an online business and you don’t make your brand stand out, it will be buried deep down the avalanche of noisy pitches. Following are 8 tips to help your business get heard and noticed:
1. Be different. Take time to brainstorm new strategies and campaigns that will make your brand stand out. A calculated risk is always welcome. Keep testing, keep learning. The digital world is ever-changing and you must learn how to keep up with these changes.
2. Earn your customer’s trust by listening to them. You can’t sell anything without earning the trust of your customers first. And trust doesn't happen just because you shove marketing pitches down your prospects’ throats every single day. Trust is built over time; it is something you must work for, something you must earn.
For your customers to trust your brand, you must listen to them first. Listen, listen more and listen even more. Listen to the sentiments of your customers, their needs and wants. And of course, find ways on how your business or brand can address those needs.
3. Find a partner. Find someone who can help you build your business. Although you can wear many hats, this is not smart. Doing several things on your own will only slow you down and may even render you ineffective. Find someone that can help you make effective decisions for your brand or take on other more mundane tasks. This can be a team member, an assistant, a business partner.
4. Be bigger than yourself. Don’t focus on personal goals. Look at the bigger picture and make sure your goals coincide with the goals of your brand and business. Be true to the mission of your brand.
5. Create and curate. When it comes to promoting your brand online, you don’t have to keep creating new marketing pieces every time. You can curate interesting and helpful posts and then share them to your audience. Take note, the keywords here are “interesting” and “helpful”.
6. Collaborate and network. To even increase brand awareness, start collaborating with businesses related to your brand. Start joining networking events. Not only will this increase the exposure of your brand, this can also help you in terms of finding potential investors or business partners.
7. Be on multiple channels. One of the most effective ways of getting your business noticed is by making sure that you have establish your brand’s presence on platforms most frequented by your target audience. For your marketing effort to be effective, you have to be at the right place, connecting with the right audience.
8. Ask your audience. Your business wouldn't thrive without the active participation of your target market. So always ask them. And listen to what they have to say.
Over to you..
How about you, anything you want to add? How do you ensure your customers notice your brand? Please share your thoughts and comments below.
Hi! I'm Michelle Christie your online visibility coach, helping business women maximize and monetize their business through strategic planning and brand positioning to create profits.
FREE SOCIAL MEDIA CHECKLIST
CONNECT ON FACEBOOK!