As a small business owner, you have to make the most of your resources especially in terms of marketing. Traditional marketing can be a total drain on your funds, but thanks to social media marketing, getting your business promoted to a wider set of audience, even with budget constraints, is now achievable.
Following are some tips on how you can effectively use your social media accounts to build awareness for your brand, drive traffic to your site, grow your list and, ultimately, increase your profit.
1. Generate anticipation. If you are launching a new product or service, you can use social media to generate anticipation. Post sneak peeks of your big event, one chapter of your eBook or post links to pages promoting the product before the launch date.
Part of a successful launch is the level of anticipation you are able to stir.
2. Offer incentives to your social media friends or followers. Engage your social media audience by offering discounts and incentives. Say, if you’re launching a new product or hosting a new event, like the upcoming MACsWomen Perfect Pitch, you can give them a 10% discount if they send you a private message or reply with your #businessname included in the message.
You can also limit the offer to add a sense of urgency to it. Limit the promotion to the first 100 replies you receive, for example. What we are doing for the MACsWomen Success Summit is offering a 100-dollar discount for all early registrations.
Not only will this show that you value your loyal audience, you’ll also generate more awareness for the product or event.
3. Grow your opt-in list. As mentioned in this article, the best way for you to grow your list is by offering people valuable giveaways. You can achieve this through social media by leading people to the giveaway with a link that sends them to the opt-in page.
So instead of the usual “Sign up for my opt-in list” which is not very effective, post a message that offers them real value: “Looking for some passive income? This free report shows you how you can make an extra $100 in a day.” Include the link to your opt-in and you’re all set.
4. Publish valuable contents. Use social media to drive traffic to valuable content on your blog. You basically tell your audience that you have a solution to a certain problem or information that they can use, then you add a call to action that directs them to a page which contains the solution or information you promised them.
Your call to action can be as simple as “Click here to learn more..” or “Click this link to find out..”.
5. Identify potential business partner or investors. Social media is a great channel for identifying potential partnerships and connecting with them. If they work in a business complimentary to yours, you can approach them with a partnership offer.
Likewise, as you establish your presence and attract attention on social media, businesses or individuals will approach you with partnership opportunities.
Hi! I'm Michelle Christie your online visibility coach, helping business women maximize and monetize their business through strategic planning and brand positioning to create profits.
FREE SOCIAL MEDIA CHECKLIST
CONNECT ON FACEBOOK!