As a woman entrepreneur, you have to deal with people, make crucial and business-changing decisions, plan strategies, execute policies and so on. You can’t do all these unless you have full confidence in your own capabilities.
Doubt is a real issue for any business woman. The negative thoughts that go through your mind can easily take away your confidence or distract you from doing your job.
Following are some smart ways to help you work through doubts and keep you confident:
1. Nurture your creative side. Confidence comes not from all the self-motivational hype you tell yourself, but from actually doing something creative.
And in order to do something creative, you need to have a “creative time”. Set aside at least one hour per day to think up and do something creative. Or if you can’t afford an hour a day, 15 creative minutes would do, as long as you stick to them every day.
2. Focus on what you do best. One of the best ways to build confidence is to identify your strengths and capitalize on them. Find ways to integrate your strengths into your daily activities.
Also, don’t forget to improve on your strength. Honing your existing skills, talent and abilities is the shortest way to doing something creative.
3. Identify your weaknesses. If there are weaknesses that affect your self-confidence, do something about them right away. Make a plan to, if not totally eliminate, reduce them. Addressing your weaknesses and doing and making an honest effort to improve on them can help boost confidence.
4. Keep track of your accomplishments. Make a daily to-do list and cross out tasks that you were able to finish every day. Crossing out tasks on your list make you more aware of your constant accomplishments, thus making you more productive. And when you’re feeling productive, you feel more confident.
5. Measure accomplishments against your previous accomplishments. Don’t measure yourself or accomplishment against a successful entrepreneur you look up to.
Don’t compare yourself to others. Compare yourself now to where you’ve been a year ago, or five years ago. Look at the growth and little accomplishments that you’ve made for the past year or so.
Over to you..
We all have our own ways of maintaining and keeping our confidence level high..what are yours? The MACsWomen community would love to hear them in the comments section below.
Hi! I'm Michelle Christie your online visibility coach, helping business women maximize and monetize their business through strategic planning and brand positioning to create profits.
Welcome to my blog. As an online visibility coach, I help my clients get results through proper planning and positioning of their businesses online to generate visibility, attract clients and profits.
To schedule a complimentary session, click here: 30-minute Session.
FREE SOCIAL MEDIA CHECKLIST
CONNECT ON FACEBOOK!