Even if your contents are always new, if you’re offering your readers the same kind of content every single day, they’ll eventually become tired of reading your blog. You need to develop a content marketing strategy that makes use of the 5 different types of blog contents.
1. Information Content. At least 50% of the content you produce – articles, videos, podcasts, infographic, presentations, etc – should be informative. This includes articles that provide expert opinions, views or advice about the niche you are in. You can also share industry-related news and trends on your blogs. The purpose here is to establish your blog as the go-to resource when it comes to information and news in your industry.
2. How-to Content. At least 30% of your content materials should be dedicated to teaching readers on how to do something. Say if you are a social media consultant, articles like how to setup and optimize a Facebook ad campaign or how to create a Google authorship account are great ways to show your expertise in the social media domain. Video tutorials are also great for this type of content.
3. Conversation-starter Content. One way to go about this is to post an article about a current trend in the industry. Hot trends are big on starting a conversation. You can also write about a problem in your industry and ask your readers their opinions or thoughts.
The aim here is for your audience to join in the conversation or for your content to get shared. However, remember that the tone of your blog should be conversational rather than controversial. Controversial contents attract negative comments or energies, you want to avoid that as much as possible.
4. Inspiring Content. You should also not forget to create content that aims to inspire readers or make them feel good. It can be an article on self-esteem or self-improvement. It can also be in the form of an image like our Thursday tweetables.
If you want to connect with your audience on a more personal level, write inspiring contents. Customer success stories and testimonials also belong in this category.
5. Entertaining content. Everybody loves to be entertained. If you want your audience to love your business even more, associate your brand with light, happy and funny materials. Create blog posts, videos, podcasts or presentations that are professional yet entertaining.
Over to you..
Do you offer your readers variety in terms of blog content? What types of content do you normally post on your blog? We would love to hear your thoughts through the comments section below.
Hi! I'm Michelle Christie your online marketing coach, helping busy and overwhelmed business women maximize and monetize their business through proper planning and brand positioning to create profits.
FREE SOCIAL MEDIA CHECKLIST
CONNECT ON FACEBOOK!