Every business needs new customers in order to grow, but don’t ever forget that your easiest source of new revenue are still people who already know your company – your existing customers. Here are some tips on how you can effectively market additional services and master the art of upselling.
1. Talk with your customers. If you have a sales team, have them engaged the customers by chatting them up instead of just reading scripts. Talking to customers is an opportunity to help you learn what they are interested in or whether they are encountering an issue your product or service can solve. This will help you turn a single sale into a much bigger one.
2. Strike when the iron is hot. Understanding the sales cycle is very essential when upselling. This means that you should know the best time to market additional services. In most cases, it is when they have already agreed to buy your primary offer. The customer’s already in the mood to buy so they are more likely to buy additional offers you upsell. As mentioned above, chatting the customers up will help with the upselling.
3. Offer complementary products or services. Don’t upsell bikes when your customers are buying grapes. To ensure success, only upsell products that are related to the primary product that the customer purchased. Say, if your client sign up for a 1-hour social media consultation, you can offer him or her your social media packages. If they’re buying printers, they’re more likely want to buy ink.
4. Offer customers a range of options. Provide a range of upsale options to cater to the different needs and capabilities of your customers. You may have customers who can’t afford your platinum social media package so offer them a much affordable option like a silver social media package.
5. Explain the benefits. When upselling to customers make sure that you’re not selling the product but the benefits of the products. This is to show them that their purchase will be worthwhile and can actually fill a need.
Even your most loyal customers may not be aware of all the products and services you offer, you need to remind them every now and then about your offerings. You can send an email blast to announce the launching of your new products, announce it on your website or upsell to them when they call you to buy something.
Welcome to my blog. As an online visibility coach, I help my clients get results through proper planning and positioning of their businesses online to generate visibility, attract clients and profits.
To schedule a complimentary session, click here: 30-minute Session.
FREE SOCIAL MEDIA CHECKLIST
CONNECT ON FACEBOOK!