While traditional blog posts can help you communicate with your audience, a short video can deliver more details quickly. And it creates a whole new level of personal involvement that a page of written content can’t match.
If you’re planning to create your very first video, the following are some useful tips to keep in mind:
1. Prepare a script. If it’s your first time creating a marketing video for you business, you’ll find yourself tongue-tied when you don’t have a script in hand.
Write down your script and then come up with a list of bullet points. Rehearse several times, making sure that you go through each bullet point. Remember than when people watch a video, they expect to see a story. So, make sure that you frame your entire presentation just as though it’s a story – it must have a beginning, middle and an end.
2. Use a quality microphone. Low-quality videos will scare away your audience. Don’t use the built-in microphone in your camera or camcorder. You can buy good microphones out there for a few bucks.
3. Make sure that you have a good lighting. Just like your mic, the lighting can also have a great impact to the overall quality of your video. Here are some few quick tips:
4. Frame yourself properly. Make sure that you don’t appear too small in the video. Viewers want to watch your face as you talk. You have to pay attention to head room – the space between your head and the top of the video frame. If you have a lot of head room this means that you have a lot of unused spaced and your face is not ideally positioned or framed.
5. Don’t forget your call to action. As mentioned, when people watch a video they always expect a story. And every story must have a definitive ending, and the perfect ending for a marketing video is a clear call-to-action that tells viewers what to do next.
Communication-wise, a good video is even more effective than your blog posts. How about you, have you already tried using video to communicate to your audience? Share a link with us below!
Hi! I'm Michelle Christie your online visibility coach, helping business women maximize and monetize their business through strategic planning and brand positioning to create profits.
FREE SOCIAL MEDIA CHECKLIST
CONNECT ON FACEBOOK!