Are you wondering why some people are more successful in social media than others? They have more followers on Twitter. People talk about them on Facebook, or interview them and feature them on blogs and social media forums.
If you look at what they are doing, you see them working just as hard as you, using similar tools and strategies to market their business on social media.
Yet again, why is it that they are more successful than you?
The thing is, if you look closer at what they are doing, you will notice that they use a much different approach. It’s actually a game-changing approach that makes a lot of people on social media unable to resist them.
That said, here are 11 smart ways that can make your business more enticing on social media:
1. Build a community. Connect with like-minded individuals. Find those people who are interested in your business, and who wants to achieve what you want to achieve. They are your tribe and focus your time and efforts on them.
2. Establish relationships. Cultivate a relationship with your audience. This will take time and due-diligence. If you are planning to launch a new product or service, be sure to build relationships with your target audience ideally six months before you start your pitch.
3. Meet them in person. Invite one of your followers for a cup of coffee and share stories with her.
4. Compliment an outstanding individual on your Facebook, Twitter or via email.
5. Feature one or two of them on your blog. Write a positive blog post about a member of your community, highlighting one of her successful stories and email her the link.
6. Leave a comment. If you see picture or read an article that you genuinely like, let them know by leaving a nice comment.
7. Respond to comments. If it’s possible respond to all their comments. You may have read of a story about a very successful female entrepreneur and social media influencer who replies to all the comments from her audience on Facebook, Twitter or her blog.
8. Email frequent commenter(s) for feedback. This will show your avid readers and commenters that you value their opinion. This will also deepen your relationship with them.
9. Listen to your audience. This way you will be able to gain more understanding of their perspective and individual needs, which can also help you create a product or a service that can solve their problem or make their life easier.
10. Do a random act of kindness. Offer someone a free pass to your next paid event. Give away a consulting package to someone who deserves it. Or just help out one of your followers.
11. Hold a contest. Offer the winners with a valuable prize and feature them on your Facebook page or blog.
Hi! I'm Michelle Christie your online visibility coach, helping business women maximize and monetize their business through strategic planning and brand positioning to create profits.
FREE SOCIAL MEDIA CHECKLIST
CONNECT ON FACEBOOK!