Your blog is an integral part of your overall social media and content marketing plan. If you’ve been blogging for a year or two, you discover that there are certain intricacies of blogging that you need to pay attention to.
At MACs Women’s Group, we painstakingly take note of those little goodies that make a blog post work or don’t work. Apparently it’s an ongoing process.
Today we would like to share with you eleven of those dos and don’ts of blogging that can help improve your blog and attract more readers.
1. Do post fresh and helpful articles regularly.
2. Don’t clutter your blog design with unnecessary widgets, plugins and annoying ads. Keep it simple, appealing to the eyes and professional. Look at your blog from the point of view of your readers. If you see something you don’t like, consider some changes.
3. Do make your blog user-friendly and easy to navigate for your visitors.
4. Don’t auto-play your videos or podcasts.
5. Do add social media buttons on your posts to encourage readers to share your new post.
6. Don’t plagiarize. Even if you credit the source, duplicate contents will only get penalized by Google.
7. Do check your posts for any typo or obvious errors before you publish them.
8. Don’t be negative. Focus on writing positive posts that inspire and motivate readers. Even when replying to comments, avoid getting into an argument with your reader.
9. Do respond to comments and appreciate the time of your readers for participating in a discussion.
10. Don’t write long paragraphs. It will discourage readers from reading the entire post. Break paragraphs into 2-3 lines.
11. Do share what you’ve learned to others. Write a post about the intricacies of blogging that you think can help your readers become better bloggers.
Also don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest for more inspirational tips and other goodies. If you want to add other great dos and don’ts, please do so in the comments below.
Welcome to my blog.
As an online visibility coach, I help my clients get results through proper planning and positioning of their businesses online to generate visibility, attract clients and profits.
To schedule a complimentary session to discuss how I can help you grow your business online, click here:
GROW YOUR INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT
Do you find Instagram marketing baffling?
Sign up for our Instagram Marketing Support group and get access to my Master Swipe file and video tips on how to grow your Instagram account for business.
Get Clients From Twitter - A Framework for Success: The Ultimate Twitter Planner
FREE SOCIAL MEDIA CHECKLIST
CONNECT ON FACEBOOK!