The main purpose of building a website for your business is for you to extend your reach and for your online customers to have an easier way of accessing your products and services. And the overall layout and structure of your site will impact your conversion rate.
Below are 8 essential things that can help you have a website that can effectively convert visitors to leads.
1. A simple website URL or address. The very first thing you have to consider when building a website for your business is its domain or website address. The URL should reflect your business and brand. So if the name of your brick and mortar business is “Daisy Cupcakes”, go for daisycupcakes.com. Don’t try to fancy up your URL, the simpler the better.
2. An unambiguous branding. People who visiting your site for the first time should be able to instantly recognize what your site is all about and what it is that you offer. This means that everything on the home page, including your logo and header, should reflect what your business does.
Having short and crisp copies on your site that talk about your products or services will also help tell visitors that they are on the right site. In fact, you can feature your main products & services on the homepage.
3. Easy-to-find contact information. You want your visitors to contact you, right? Then make sure that you are displaying your contact information clearly on a page. The most common practice is to put up a “Contact Us” page on the main navigation menu and at the footer of the site. For e-Commerce website or those that deal with customer service, phone numbers are placed on the header so that it’s one of the first things that visitors notice upon landing on the site.
Provide them with more than one way of getting in touch with you. Aside from the usual contact form, provide your email address, your phone number, fax number and, if applicable, your business address.
4. Compelling call-to-action buttons. These buttons or links are your gateway to conversions. You have to make them stand out and make sure that you have compelling copies to urge visitors what to do – subscribe to your news feed, call you for a free quote or add products to their shopping carts.
5. A blog section. If you haven’t heard already, content marketing is BIG. And by big we mean REALLY BIG. Basically content marketing will help you establish a relationship with your customers and help your business earn their trust.
If you make it a point to provide quality and useful content to your visitors, they will keep coming back to your site whenever they need some information that they know you can provide. And the more they come back, the higher the trust value of your business becomes. Once you get your customers trusting your brand, it is much easier to compel them to do something like click your subscription link or ‘buy now’ buttons.
Over to you..
Check out your business website now. Do you have all 5 of the things we have mentioned above? What are some of the things that you think should be improved on your existing site? Please share your comments below. We’d love to hear them.
Welcome to my blog.
As an online visibility coach, I help my clients get results through proper planning and positioning of their businesses online to generate visibility, attract clients and profits.
To schedule a complimentary session to discuss how I can help you grow your business online, click here:
Get Clients From Twitter - A Framework for Success: The Ultimate Twitter Planner
FREE SOCIAL MEDIA CHECKLIST
CONNECT ON FACEBOOK!