The internet has dramatically changed how business is done – with the advent of social media, marketing and lead generation has been brought to a whole different level. And right in the middle of this business marketing revolution is Twitter.
With over 500 million users and 340 million daily tweets, entrepreneurs have started to utilize Twitter for their business – turning the 140-character social networking platform into an online lead generation machine.
The question now, is your Twitter profile optimized? Is your business account set up to take full advantage of the marketing benefits Twitter has to offer? Get the Ultimate Twitter Planner!
Let’s take a look at your...
Cover Photo. Twitter’s cover photo is one of the first things that your visitors will notice when they visit your Twitter profile. It’s the perfect opportunity to showcase your brand’s theme or personality. It can be a well-designed image to complement your profile photo like this, or a more personal one like what @MACsWomen is using.
Profile Bio. You only have 160 characters for your bio so make every character count. Your profile bio should immediately answer the “Who”, “What” and “Where” – who you are, what you do, and where to find/contact you. Also, make sure that your main keywords are included in your bio.
Custom background. Your Twitter’s custom background is another chance for you to do some branding or highlight details you want profile visitors to notice. If you take a look at MACsWomen’s custom Twitter background, you’ll see that we have our logo and tagline on the right, and on the left, are links to our site and other social media accounts.
Over to you..
Is your twitter profile optimized? Is your cover photo designed to show visitors who you are or what your business does? Did you make use of the background to highlight some important details of your business? Need help? Buy a Framework For Success: The Ultimate Twitter Planner!
Marketing is an essential part of business, and every businesswoman should understand marketing in it's basic form. Marketing has four main components that are important to know and identify. They are:
In order to truly understand the four main points of marketing (sometimes called the 4P's of marketing) you need to know which questions to ask in order to define and plan your marketing strategy. Here are some examples of what questions you can ask.
Ask these questions whenever and however often you think is necessary to keep your marketing goals on track. We hope this article gave you a clear and simple review of the four components of marketing!
Are you looking to sharpen your marketing skills or network with other women in business that may have fresh outlooks on marketing? Buy your ticket now to the MACsWomen Success Summit, where women in business connect for a day of business-building and network with each other.
Everything you do online to market your business is a story. Your blog posts, Facebook status updates, tweets, every single one of them tell a story. And your conversion rate depends on the type of stories you tell and how well you tell them.
If you tell the story right, whether it’s a story that entertains or a story that aims to educate readers, you’ll be able to capture your audience’s attention, entertain them and, ultimately, lead them to act.
But how can you tell if the story you’re sharing is good enough? What makes a good marketing story in the first place?
Here are 5 things to keep in mind when writing a marketing piece or story online:
1. Know your audience well. Know what makes them tick and shape your story according to their interests and needs. Knowing your audience is the foundation of every good marketing plan.
2. Know the hero of your story. Your business is not the hero of your story, your customers are.
One of the biggest mistakes in online marketing is that business owners tend to make the story all about what they do. This type of storytelling is easily ignored by the readers or audience.
3. Know your goal and your role. Your customers, like the heroes of every story, have their goals. And your role as an entrepreneur is to help your customers achieve their goals. This is what you highlight in your stories.
Don’t tell a story about what you do, rather tell a story about what you can do for your customers or how you can help them so that they achieve their goals.
4. Don’t forget the moral of the story. A good story can’t end without the moral.
This is the part where you tell your audience or readers explicitly what they need to do in order to achieve their goals. In the marketing world, this is the call-to-action part.
So, that’s how you tell your story – get to know your audience, understand that they are the hero who have a goal, and that you’re there to help them achieve that goal.
Blogging is a red-hot content marketing technique. But with millions of other blogs out there, not to mention other forms of contents that are being shared and created on a daily basis, you have to make sure that your blog posts get in front of your audience in a timely manner.
Here are the top 9 blogging tips to help you do just that.
Tip 1: Know what to write. Content marketing is not about creating promotional posts to market your business. You have to give what your audience want and need and you have to tell the story in the most effective way possible.
Tip 2: Incorporate other forms of content. Don’t limit your blog posts to just paragraphs of text-based content. Think beyond text. You can share inspirational tweetables, infographics, videos or audios, too!
Tip 3: Always adapt a human voice/tone. Don’t be too corporate-y when writing your blog posts. To be able to truly connect with your readers or audience, write as if you’re telling a story to a friend.
Tip 4: Don’t forget your branding. You have to make sure that all the content you produce is associated with your brand, otherwise your content marketing efforts will go to waste.
You can add a logo on the post images you use, just like we usually do here on the MACsWomen’s blog.
Tip 5: Don’t be too promotional. Never write a post that screams “Buuuuuuuuy meee!” from beginning to end. This will just get ignored. Always be smart when incorporating calls-to-action.
Tip 6: Format your content the right way. Your online audience have a very short attention span and are distracted quickly. You have to format your posts so that they are easily consumable.
Breaking your blog article into short paragraphs is a good way to make visitors read on.
Tip 7: Optimize your blog posts for search. Every blog post you write must be optimized so that they get crawled by search engine robots.
Do internal linking and always include keywords. You can also link to third-party websites like Wikipedia when the opportunity arises. Or say, your blog post happens to mention email marketing programs like Madmimi, Aweber, MailChimp or Constant Contact, then you can link to them.
Tip 8: Share your posts. A great content is not enough, you have to do some sharing, too. Develop a plan to extend the reach of your content. Share them across your social media accounts or publish them on relevant submission sites.
Tip 9: Track and measure. You have to keep track of the progress, or the lack thereof, of your blogging in terms of lead generation and conversion. This helps you identify what’s working and what’s not, which then allows you to adjust your strategy and maximize your marketing efforts.
Over to you..
What blogging tips can you share with the MACsWomen community?
Agorapulse is a social media management site that allows for formerly complicated processes to become simple and easy to complete. For any small business owner, social media management is extremely important but can quickly become complicated. So, what exactly can you do with Agorapulse? We've outlined the main features that we like the most!
Identify Your Biggest Fans
This is a unique feature that Agorapulse has. With this feature you can quickly identify the users on each social media account that interact with your business the most. This way, you can keep track of these users and ensure that you engage with them as well.
Organize Your Inboxes
All businesswomen probably spend too much time managing their incoming Social Media messages, comments and mentions.
Agorapulse has structured its "Social Media Inboxes" to help the elusive goal of Inbox Zero become more feasible! After you sign up for Agorapulse and link your social media accounts to the site, all new messages, comments and mentions are placed into a to review filter to help you focus on your latest items. They will stay there until you review each one. This makes it much easier for you to manage your notifications.
In addition, Agorapulse stores all of your fans’ and followers’ past activity. This way, it is easy to go back and see what a certain follower had commented on previously. This is a fantastic feature that you will not find on Sprout Social or Hootsuite.
Run Facebook Applications
Want to run a photo contest or have a sweepstakes? Agorapulse lets you do this with ease. They are easy to design, manage, and setup, and Agorapulse's integration with Canva makes the process even easier.
Keep Track of Statistics
Like most social media management sites, Agorapulse helps you keep track of your statistics and track your social media usage. One thing that is unique to Agorapulse, however, is the ability to download your statistics in PowerPoint format. This feature is a big time-saver as well as an excellent and clean way to present the information.
Agorapulse is a great, simple way to manage your social media and keep your information in one place. It offers many unique features that are easy to use, and the pricing is affordable. Try out Agorapulse today and see what you think!
Want to learn more about social media marketing and have the chance to network with other women in business? Now is your chance! Sign up to be a member of MACsWomen and save big on your admission to the MACsWomen Success Summit in October! We hope to see you there!
Internet marketing can help increase brand awareness, strengthen business/consumer relationship, and increase return on investments (ROI).
The following tips will help you create an online marketing campaign that’s sure to work:
1. Create more valuable content. Content marketing is just one of the many strategies companies use to establish their authority on their niche. Blog posts, eBooks, tip sheets, infographics, podcasts and videos are just some of the most used forms of content and you should make sure that you’re creating enough of them.
In the next year or so, content marketing will be bigger than ever. So that your company is able to keep up with the growing online community and the demand for information that goes with it, you have to make sure that you’re continuously creating valuable evergreen content as early as now.
2. Be diverse with your social media marketing campaign. Although it is important that you focus on social media networks that are most effective for your business, trying out other social media channels is still important. You won’t know whether they’ll work for your business if you don’t try them out.
3. Start with image marketing. The surging popularity of Instagram, Pinterest and Tumblr is just the first sign that online marketing is starting to lean towards image-centric contents. If that isn’t sign enough, then look at the increasing number of engagements on posts with smartly designed images or the click-through rates of image-based ads.
4. Less is always more. The social and digital web is full of distraction. Your customer is always one click away from watching that trending YouTube video or reading your competitors blog post.
With too much information available to any one going online, the growing preference of consumers are now on a minimalist website, an easy-to-digest infographic or an easy-to-read blog post that doesn’t overwhelm them with an avalanche of information.
5. Incorporate SEO on your social media campaigns. Social media is a BIG part of online marketing. To be able to harness its full potential, make sure that you are optimizing all your social media profiles with your main keywords.
Over to you..
How about you? Any online marketing tips you can add? Share it to the MACsWomen community by leaving a comment below.
Twitter has a big impact on your relationship-building campaign. If you know how to approach this social media platform the right way, you’ll be able to see an increase in your leads and conversions. The question now, is how do you effectively keep up with this fast-paced social media platform? Will tweeting 30 times a day give you the results you want?
Here are some tips on how you can make your tweeting more effective:
Schedule and monitor your tweets. You don’t have to keep logging in to Twitter every 30 minutes or so just to send out tweets on a 30-minute interval. That’s just not efficient.
You can save more time if you schedule tweets a day or two ahead. And by knowing you have enough content to cover the next day, you give yourself more time to monitor engagement of your tweets. Bufferapp and Hootsuite are just two of the many scheduling platforms that you can use.
Keep tweets short and sweet. In order to make sure that the keywords, hashtags or links don’t get deleted, keep your tweets in the RT Safe Zone. This means that you give room for anyone who wants to re-tweet you via “RT @handle” to do just that. Don’t use up all 140 characters, leave out 10 or 20 of them for possible RTs.
Engage and reply. Your Twitter presence is not measured by the number of tweets you send out, but by the value they provide to your followers and the engagement they create.
Yes, you can reply “thank you” to people who followed or re-tweeted you, but you also have to make sure that you reply to tweets that really matter such as questions or negative comments.
Twitter users are more likely to buy from companies that answer their questions. So when you know the answer to a question don’t hesitate to answer it.
Over to you..
Are you practicing the three tips above?
Are you scheduling and monitoring your tweets? Do you make sure that every tweet you send out falls within the RT Safe Zone? Do you reply to questions and negative comments? To make sure you are not missing any steps when marketing your business on Twitter, get a Framework for Success: The Ultimate Twitter Planner now.
The internet has forever changed the way information is shared, which has a direct impact on how marketing is done. More and more resources are being created and shared online every single second, and as as entrepreneur of the 21st century, you have to maximize all resources that are available to you – download free white papers, listen to free podcasts, attend free webinars, and subscribe to content relevant to your business.
With that said, here 8 helpful blogs you should subscribe to:
1. Content Marketing Institute. This blog contains basic how-to advice on content marketing. They cover everything content marketing-related. If you’re looking for the latest data about the social web and how the online industry is changing, you go straight to this blog.
2. CopyBlogger . This blog is one of the top favorites of most content marketers. First, because they cater to the information needs of content marketers and second, they know how to tell a story. All their posts are easy to read and digest.
3. Social Media Examiner. This blog is updated on a daily basis and covers a wide range of topics – social media, SEO, content marketing, you name it.
4. Convince and Convert. The focus of this blog is on social media and content advisory blog. The reason why this blog is such as success is because they create content that are useful to their target audience – the online marketers.
5. Web Ink Now. The posts in this blog will basically tell you how to effectively use social media, videos, news releases, podcasts, videos, blogs and online media to reach your target audience.
6. TopRank Blog. This is a rich database of helpful and smart tips and tricks on online marketing.
7. IdeaLaunch. If you want to grow your startup business by focusing on content marketing, subscribe to this blog.
8. Brian Solis. This resource discusses marketing in general. IF you want to find unique insights on new marketing trends, start following this blog.
And, of course, you’ve got our very own blog! We post something up almost daily, so you can just pop up here anytime you want.
Over to you..
Do you have your own list of blogs? Want to share them with the MACsWomen Community?
As a woman entrepreneur, you have to deal with people, make crucial and business-changing decisions, plan strategies, execute policies and so on. You can’t do all these unless you have full confidence in your own capabilities.
Doubt is a real issue for any business woman. The negative thoughts that go through your mind can easily take away your confidence or distract you from doing your job.
Following are some smart ways to help you work through doubts and keep you confident:
1. Nurture your creative side. Confidence comes not from all the self-motivational hype you tell yourself, but from actually doing something creative.
And in order to do something creative, you need to have a “creative time”. Set aside at least one hour per day to think up and do something creative. Or if you can’t afford an hour a day, 15 creative minutes would do, as long as you stick to them every day.
2. Focus on what you do best. One of the best ways to build confidence is to identify your strengths and capitalize on them. Find ways to integrate your strengths into your daily activities.
Also, don’t forget to improve on your strength. Honing your existing skills, talent and abilities is the shortest way to doing something creative.
3. Identify your weaknesses. If there are weaknesses that affect your self-confidence, do something about them right away. Make a plan to, if not totally eliminate, reduce them. Addressing your weaknesses and doing and making an honest effort to improve on them can help boost confidence.
4. Keep track of your accomplishments. Make a daily to-do list and cross out tasks that you were able to finish every day. Crossing out tasks on your list make you more aware of your constant accomplishments, thus making you more productive. And when you’re feeling productive, you feel more confident.
5. Measure accomplishments against your previous accomplishments. Don’t measure yourself or accomplishment against a successful entrepreneur you look up to.
Don’t compare yourself to others. Compare yourself now to where you’ve been a year ago, or five years ago. Look at the growth and little accomplishments that you’ve made for the past year or so.
Over to you..
We all have our own ways of maintaining and keeping our confidence level high..what are yours? The MACsWomen community would love to hear them in the comments section below.
Many startup businesses fail because most entrepreneurs running them get stuck in the startup phase, not knowing what to do next to bring their business forward.
Here are some simple reminders to help startup entrepreneurs achieve success in their ventures:
Over to you..
If you have anything to add, feel free to comment below. The MACsWomen community would love to hear your thoughts.