When it comes to content marketing, the image is just as important as the content of the blog. The images you use in your blog and your overall content marketing campaign can have a huge effect on how visitors perceive your brand and business. In fact, images can make or break your business. Great images tell a story and compel readers to read on, while bad image choices can threaten your blog’s success.
If you want a more solid proof as to the importance of images, here’s a study on how posts with images gets 53% more click-throughs than imageless posts. However, adding an image is just the first part. Even more important is adding an EFFECTIVE image.
Following are 5 strong tips on how you can make the images you use on your blog compelling and effective.
1. Be clever but not confusing. Make sure that you choose images that tell a part of the blog topic you are writing about. You may even choose a clever photo that says something hidden about the topic. However, you must not overdo it; otherwise, your readers will get lost and your chosen image may look like it has nothing to do with your post at all.
2. Be consistent with your branding. The idea here is to have an image that readers can easily identify as part of your brand. You should be consistent in the layout and style of your images so that when people see one of your posts, they will recognize it instantly as belonging to your brand because of how the images are presented. If you notice, MACsWomen’s blog posts have photos with consistent branding.
3. Images should complement the post, not take attention away from it. One of the things you should absolutely avoid is choosing an image that can be very distracting. Yes, you want to get the attention of the readers, but you don’t want the images alone to be getting all the attention. Your image should entice readers, but must also deliver across this message: “Hey, I’m just the appetizer. Want the main course? Read the content below.”
4. Incorporate graphs and charts. Gant charts, pie charts and graphs can convey immediate information to readers in a way regular images can’t. Of course, graphs and charts are most effective when used properly – in a blog post that’s about stats, numbers, etc.
5. Try animated images and videos, too! Don’t limit your imagination, think beyond photos and images. If you want to make an impact, why not try animated images or videos? If you do not have the time to make the animations and videos yourself, you can use videos or gifs online that are relevant to your topic. Don’t forget to credit the source.
Over to you..
Hopefully the tips above can help your blog generate more interaction and convert better. If you have any thoughts, comments or more ideas that you want to share with us, please do so by commenting below.
Welcome to my blog.
As an online visibility coach, I help my clients get results through proper planning and positioning of their businesses online to generate visibility, attract clients and profits.
To schedule a complimentary session to discuss how I can help you grow your business online, click here:
GROW YOUR INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT
Do you find Instagram marketing baffling?
Sign up for our Instagram Marketing Support group and get access to my Master Swipe file and video tips on how to grow your Instagram account for business.
Get Clients From Twitter - A Framework for Success: The Ultimate Twitter Planner
FREE SOCIAL MEDIA CHECKLIST
CONNECT ON FACEBOOK!